On the academic labour front:
November 4, 2009
Here is a brief update on labour situations elsewhere:
- As you may recall, Trent took a strike vote and then settled a few days thereafter.
- Librarians and archivists at Western gave actual strike notice and then settled last week a couple of days before the scheduled strike.
- Also last week the Nipissing faculty association voted by nearly 96% in favour of a strike. In doing so they rejected management’s offer of a wage increase of 3% annually. They are in a strike position as of Friday but have selected Monday as the big day.
- CUPE 3902 (the contract academic employees at the University of Toronto) have not been able to reach a settlement and have a strike deadline of this coming Monday. See their webpage, which in turn leads to their strike site.
- Meanwhile, on Monday of this week the TAs and RAs in CUPE 3906 at McMaster went on strike. See their site.