Around the interwebs
October 26, 2009
- Academic Matters (Oct/Nov./09): Debating Tenure.
- “Online Education’s Great Unknowns,” Inside Higher Ed (Oct. 22/09): just as I suspected: almost half of responding institutions with online programs don’t even know whether or not they are profitable. But why let something like that stop you?
- “Students release Canada’s Education Action Plan,” Canadian Federation of Students (Oct. 19/09) (PDF).
- “Water fountains disappearing from campuses, says report: Polaris Institute commends several universities for embracing bottled-water-free zones,” Philip Fine, University Affairs (Oct. 19/09): so much for “sustainability.”
- “Proportion of Doctorates Awarded to Women, by Field,” Chronicle of Higher Education (Oct. 11/09): a chart of American doctorates between 1977–2007.
- “Among Privileged Classmates, I’m an Outsider,” Bobby Allyn, Chronicle of Higher Education (Oct. 11/09): expanding notions of “diversity.”