Around and about
- “Cuts and Morale,” Dean Dad, Inside Higher Ed (May 15/09).
- “Shared Governance Has Prepared Colleges Well for Time of Change, Expert Says,” Goldie Blumenstyk, The Chronicle of Higher Education (May 14/09).
- “Next Budget Victim? Joy,” Jack Stripling, Inside Higher Ed (May 14/09).
Even before the recession:
- “The Disappearing Tenure-Track Job,” Scott Jaschik, Inside Higher Ed (May 12/09).
- Leaving Academia: According the the About page, “This site is meant for anyone in academia (but particularly those living in Canada) who wants (or needs) to envision a life beyond the ivory tower.”
- “More Students Graduating From College, University“: In Ontario, that is, where funding has been increased.
Meanwhile, back in St. John’s: “Opposition raising questions about blacked out Grenfell briefing note,” The Western Star (May 11/09). See also “Backburner U.,” The Telegram (May 14/09).