Ideological cuts to CBC?
It is becoming more and more apparent that some are hoping to use the recession as a justification for pursuing their political agendas. Why else would Stephen Harper be gutting the CBC yet contemplating bailouts to private media corporations?
- “A crisis of identity,” Rebecca North and Peter MacPherson, Globe and Mail (Mar. 27/09).
- “CBC cutting staff, programs,” Adam Huras, Telegraph-Journal (Mar. 27/09, A2).
- “Reruns on tap as CBC cuts,” Bruce Campion-Smith and Greg Quill, Toronto Star (Mar. 26/09).
- “Harper government strangling CBC: union,” Shuyee Lee, CJAD (Mar. 25/09).
- “Stephen Harper’s hidden agenda for the CBC,” Ian Morrison, Vancouver Free Press (Mar. 16/09).
- Friends of Canadian Broadcasting: home of the Stop Stephen Harper’s agenda for CBC campaign
- Online petition to Save Canada’s National Broadcaster
- Facebook: Stop Stephen Harper’s agenda for CBC
Video: “Stephen Harper brings US style media control to Canada”