February 20, 2009
- “Scholarships for business studies draw outrage: Academics condemn earmarking of $17.5-million in funding, saying Ottawa is trying to control direction of research on campuses,” Elizabeth Church, Globe and Mail (Feb. 20/09).
- “Des bourses d’études supérieures branchées sur le monde des affaires: Les conservateurs sont critiqués pour cibler les diplômes liés à l’entreprise,” Alexandre Shields, Le Devoir (Feb. 17/09).
- Facebook: Stop the feds from earmarking SSHRC funds for business-related degrees!
- Petition: online and PDF
- 63 academics call on parliamentarians to eliminate provision in Budget 2009 limiting SSHRC scholarship money to “busine.
- And why is this important? Well for one thing, “Art is essential for our cultural well-being” (Jan Zwicky, Viewpoint, Dec. 10/99).