Bits and pieces in the news
July 28, 2008
- In the T-J, David Campbell writes about the connection between higher education and higher income. While he doesn’t unpack many of the questions this correlation raises about the actions and policies of the N.B. provincial government, the implications are there.
- In the Gleaner, students continue the pressure for increased access.
- An article in The Ottawa Citizen, about Ontario students’ college attendance, offers some comparative statistics (scroll down).
- Another online for-profit university is coming under fire, this time in Florida. The issue? Lack of transferability.
- And last but not least: recent events at Memorial offer a frightening cautionary tale about government interference in university matters.